deadlock Message Board
[ November Full List | Reply ]

Re: I've worked on my site for months and No results. Please help.
From Wayne at Access Virtue on 8 Nov '99
replying to Re: I've worked on my site for months and No results. Please help. posted by Thad

>>Ok, let me respond to everyone. Thank you sooo much for your suggestions. Your opinions have run through my mind often too.
>
>>
>
>>First, I don't know if buying a domain would be worth it if I don't get much traffic to begin with.
>
>>
>
>>Second, the site DID have meta tags, I'll put them back up so you can look at them. I was in the process of reworking the design and please accept my sincerest apologies since I failed to let you know earlier.
>
>>
>
>>Third, It does seem like I'm experimenting doesn't it? It is because I was. I was trying to figure out a design that would work best for search engine submission and I don't think the one I have now is going to work out. I'll put up the old meta tags and you can see what might be wrong by tomorrow if you have time. I'm really sorry, and I hope you'll take the time to look back tomorrow at your earliest convienence.
>
>>
>
>>http://www.way2kewl.com/virtue/
>
>>
>
>>The webmaster of the domain gets a lot more visitors then I do and said maybe I should make it more like a portal and that "news" wouldn't be necessary because people can go anywhere for news.
>
>>
>
>>I made it more like a portal and I guess I need to focus on one topic?
>
>>
>
>>The site I updated has the tags and the "news" is gone.
>
>
>
>Wayne,
>
>
>
>I think you need to ask yourself, " What am I trying to accomplish with my site?". If you just want a site that will attract lots of traffic so you can sell advertising space, providing unique, valuable information is the way to go (take this site for example). What valuable info are you going to porvide??
>
>
>
>You can try to compete with other sites offering the same info, or you can provide your own unique stuff. Ask yourself what do you do better than anyone else? Maybe your interests or hobbies are a key.
>
>
>
>My site promotes a rather original novelty product and I have to compete with about five othe companies on the web. Even though I KNOW that my product is superior to theirs, that isn't enough.I am going to have to provide INFORMATION that is in demand to my target audience.
>
>
>
>
>
>Once you have nailed down your goal, the rest is fairly easy and you've already proved that you can build a good website. Let your information (FUNCTION) Guide the design (FORM).
>
>
>
>Godd luck,
>
>Thad

Thank you. I'll try. I was trying to make it a site that explored my interests except I think I may be going a bit overboard with my goals.
Thanks for you comments and kind reply. :)

Wayne

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message